SOFIA, Bulgaria (8 May 2021) - The European Qualification Tournament for Tokyo 2020 concluded in Sofia, Bulgaria today with athletes from eight different countries claiming the remaining Olympic spots on offer.
Athletes from North Macedonia, Croatia, France, Netherlands, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece and Poland all booked their countries’ places at Tokyo 2020. For France, it was the second gold of the competition while the other nations joined Spain, Israel, Portugal, Hungary, Azerbaijan, Norway and Italy from yesterday’s competition in securing one Olympic spot.
The two-day Qualification Tournament showcased the depth and strength of taekwondo in Europe with the 16 places available won by 15 different countries.
The second day of competition saw athletes compete across the women’s 67kg and -57kg and men’s 80kg and 68kg weight categories.
The full results are:
- Althéa Laurin (France)
- Reshmie Oogink (Netherlands)
- Fani Tzeli (Greece)
- Patrycja Adamkiewicz (Poland)
- Dejan Georgievski (North Macedonia)
- Ivan Sapina (Croatia)
- Hakan Recber (Turkey)
- Nedzad Husic (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Azerbaijan Qualifies Full Slate at European Paralympic Qualification Tournament
- World Taekwondo opens candidate applications for election 2021