SOFIA, Bulgaria (7 May, 2021) - The first day of the European Qualification Tournament for Tokyo 2020 concluded in Sofia, Bulgaria today with eight countries claiming Olympic spots at the upcoming Olympic Games.
Spain, Israel, Portugal, Hungary, France, Azerbaijan, Norway and Italy all secured places at Tokyo 2020 after an exhilarating day of competition. The tournament presents the final opportunity for European athletes to qualify for the Games.
On the first day it was the turn of athletes across the women’s -49kg and -67kg and men’s -58kg and -80kg weight categories to compete. The top two athletes in each category secured places at Tokyo 2020.
The full results are:
- Adriana Cerezo (Spain)
- Abishag Semberg (Israel)
- Magda Wiet (France)
- Farida Azizova (Azerbaijan)
- Rui Braganca (Portugal)
- Omar Gergely Salim (Hungary)
- Richard A Ordemann (Norway)
- Simone Alessio (Italy)
- European Qualification Tournament for Tokyo 2020 concludes
- Azerbaijan Qualifies Full Slate at European Paralympic Qualification Tournament