2017 WTF RTP & TP Athletes list and Selection Criteria
WTF shall have the responsibility to ensure that every MNA conducts all national level testing on its athletes in strict compliance with WTF Anti-Doping Rules and WADA Code.
WTF should select a certain number of international athletes for Registered Testing Pool (RTP) & Testing Pool (TP) and let them provide online filing of their whereabouts information on ADAMS of WADA website that is going to be used by ADOs such as WADA, IF and NADOs to locate the athletes for purpose of out-of-competition doping tests.
In this respect, it is the responsibility of the athletes on the RTP to make themselves available for testing. IST clause 11.3 sets out in detail what whereabouts information must provided by an athlete in RTP, and when and where daily information is required.
WTF has selected athletes to be listed for 2017 WTF RTP & TP based on the following principles and considerations:
– Risk Assessment in Taekwondo
– Top 40 Male athletes and 30 Female athletes of the 2017 January WTF Olympic Ranking
– Medalists from Rio Olympic Games
– Athletes without NADO in their countries
– Athletes not selected in their countries’ RTP
– Recently injured athletes
– Athletes that registered high performance in one month
– Athletes with sudden withdrawal record from WTF Promoted Championships
– Athletes not tested out of competition in the past one year
– Athletes with a suspicious behavior
– Athletes with previous Unsuccessful Attempt Failure record
– Inclusion of Para Taekwondo athletes
– Inclusion of Junior division athletes potentially competitive for next Olympic Games
– Inclusion of athletes suspended for Anti-Doping Rule Violation
– Inclusion of athletes with an Atypical Finding record
– Consideration of weight division balance
– Consideration of continental allocation balance
– Consideration of gender balance